Mobile phone plans for NZMCA members
NZMCA Mobile Phone Plans
- Special pricing for NZMCA members. The NZMCA Mobile plans already include a $5 discount for NZMCA members.
- Simple billing with one provider for your broadband and mobile plans
- A portion of the revenue from each NZMCA Mobile connection goes back to the NZMCA to help improve member benefits and parks
- Keep your existing mobile number (no porting fees!)
- Simple sim card switch
- Great local Kiwi customer service
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I keep my existing mobile number?
Yes, you can keep your existing mobile number for free! During signup, you will be asked to provide some information regarding your current mobile plan such as existing number, existing provider, existing provider account number etc. so please have this information ready to go.
If you want to keep your existing number, please don’t disconnect with your old provider until we have successfully ported your number over, otherwise you may lose your number.
If you want a brand new mobile number, we can provide you a randomly chosen mobile number.
Do you do prepay?
All our mobile plans are on a monthly account. Base plan charges are due at the beginning of the month, usage charges are billed in arrears This makes for simple billing if you have a broadband connection with us too.
Can I use my my phone as a Hotspot?
Yes, you can hotspot or tether for free on all our monthly mobile phone plans!
What mobile phone network do use?
We utilise the Spark network to provide our mobile phone services to you.
Other calling/sms charges and full rate card
You can view our full mobile rate card here for charges that may apply for calling special numbers, send SMS to special SMS services, calling numbers overseas or satellite phones.
How do I check my voicemail?
The number to check or setup your voicemail is 083210 or if calling from overseas +6483203000 (standard roaming call charges apply)
What happens when I run out of data?
If you run out of data, a 1 GB data pack will be added automatically, and the price is $14.95. This happens each time you run out of data during the month.
If you run out of your included minutes on the 2GB + 400 minutes plan, you will be charged at 73c per minute for the remainder of the month.
You can request plan changes for a future month via creating a ticket within your MyHub account.
How do I check my usage?
To check usage, head over to your MyHub account.
Click on ‘Usage’ and then ‘Voice’. If you have several voice services, you will first see a combination of usage of all voice services. You can select from a drop down to see a specific mobile phone service’s usage.
We send you usage notifications at 80% and 100%. Please note, it may take up to an hour to show recent usage in your MyHub account.
Can I use my mobile service overseas (Roaming)?
Roaming is turned off by default to protect you from huge unexpected bills. It is always cheaper to get a local sim card when visiting different countries.
If you would like roaming enabled then please call us so we can offer roaming packs & switch on roaming for your connection. Roaming charges and roaming packs are listed in our mobile rate card.
Usage records can take up to 90 minutes or longer for special numbers/texts, or when roaming to show in MyHub.
- This offer is not available in conjunction with other promotions, partner or bundle deals.
- $5 is the max discount of a mobile service connection, no discounts can be stacked up, no additional discount for an active internet plan. Offer date December 2021 and offer might be changed or withdrawn at any time.
- Old-fashioned text message is a best efforts service and a text message might not be delivered if the recipient’s phone is out of service at the time delivery is attempted, if the message contains emojis or if the message goes to international numbers via different carriers. We recommend to use a modern service such as WhatsApp.
- Endless Mobile: Speeds reduced to a maximum of 1.2Mbps after 50GB max speed data allowance exceeded.
- You’ll need to set up a direct debit with Wireless Nation; your monthly subscription will auto-renew and be debited from your debit/credit card, or NZ bank account automatically. This is a simple, safe and convenient way to manage your payment.
- Standard Wireless Nation terms and conditions and mobile terms apply.