Covid-19 update from Wireless Nation
Last updated 22/09/2021
Inquiries and support
- Check the help section on this website for any queries.
- Utilise self-service options in your online portal MyHub. You can find your username on your invoices.
- Please do not send multiple inquiries for the same question.
- Be patient and kind, our team will be working from home and doing everything for you that we can.
Call centre hours
Our team is available to answer queries throughout our normal call centre hours.
- Monday-Friday: 8am-8pm
- Weekend & Public Holidays: 9am-5.30pm
As always, our engineers will continue to monitor our network 24/7 to ensure all services are running.
Customer visits to our office, equipment pick-ups & deliveries
We recommend using the delivery option during online signup, however, if you require to pick up equipment from our Auckland based office, we allow customer pick-ups during Alert Level 3.
- Pick-up times are between 10 am and 4 pm on weekdays only. It can take two hours to get your order ready for pickup.
- Pickups are contactless outside of the Wireless Nation Office building.
- When you arrive on site (2 Fred Thomas Drive Takapuna), please park in front of Fred Thomas Café, and call 022 639 1363. You will be required to wait in or next to their car.
- A team member will come down, outside Fred Thomas Café, please make yourself known and the team member will place the item on the deck where you can pick it up.
Deliveries: we expect that couriers may experience delays over the coming period. Please be patient and use the courier tracking link provided by our team when equipment is shipped out.
Wireless Nation has taken steps to make sure our service to you is not compromised by COVID-19.
Our core network is well set up with redundancy and plenty of headroom for IP transit, both domestically and internationally. In regards to “tails” (the connection from our core network to you, our valued customer) we (like many other ISPs) are reliant on the respective infrastructure owner/provider we buy the “tail” from (Chorus, Enabled Networks, radio tower owners, etc.). We are in correspondence with them to ensure the best possible service delivery.
Being an innovative Kiwi telco, we are well equipped to work remotely if needed and use technology to keep our business operating.
There may sometimes be delays in certain parts of the business such as responding to tickets or sending out equipment. The reasons for this are varying and could be from any one of the following:
- Significantly higher inquiry volume
- Staff might become ill
- Stock and supply chain being delayed with our suppliers
- Delivery times delayed due to courier availability and demand
- Supply partner & wholesaler disruptions due to staffing
The safety and well being of our team and customers are our priority. We have taken steps to ensure continuity:
- We have given advice to our team about how to protect themselves from contracting Covid-19
- We have increased hygiene and cleaning regime in our office
- We have a contact register for all staff and visitors coming into the office
- Most of our staff continue to work from home
- Most meetings are done virtually, however in-person meetings (if required) will adhere to safe distancing measures and Covid-19 protocols
During these times you can support us by checking frequently asked questions on our website or use our customer portal MyHub for adding data packs, adjusting auto-top ups, looking up data usage, invoices, your account balance or making payments.
We thank you for your continued patience and support.
Please stay safe, healthy and we wish you all the best during this difficult time.