How do I change my Wi-Fi password?
If you use an RBI Modem just follow these simple steps to change the Wi-Fi (wifi) password on your RBI modem. If you use any other modem please give us a call on 0800 101 143.
- Make sure your laptop or PC is connected to your modem first.
- Open your internet browser and type in the address bar either: 192.168.1.1 (if you have the B315 or B818 white modem) or 192.168.8.1 (if you have the B525 black modem). Press enter.
- In the login box that pops up, type ‘admin’ for both the username and the password. Then press Enter.
- You should now be logged in. On the menu bar, click ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘WLAN’ and then ‘WLAN’ Basic Settings. Here you can change your Wi-Fi Name (SSID), your security mode (we don’t recommend touching this!), and your Wi-Fi password (called the WPA pre-shared key).
- Once you’ve made your changes, check that ‘SSID Broadcast’ is enabled and then click ‘Save’.
- You’re done! If you’re having trouble, give our friendly support team a call on 0800 101 143 and press 2. They’ll be able able to help you out.