A phone line specifically designed for your RBI Wireless broadband connection.
There are 5 great reasons to use RBI Voice from Wireless Nation:
- Cheaper than your existing analogue landline
- Prioritised over RBI
- Free local and national calls*
- Clear uninterrupted calls every time
- You can keep your existing number**
*For up to two hours per call. Landlines only. Calls to mobiles is $0.35 per minute. **Number porting just $30 one-off.
Do I need any extra equipment?
You can use any landline phone handset, which is then plugged into your modem instead of the phone jack.
How much does it cost?
Normal phone lines cost $40 to $60 per month while you can get our VoIP phone line for only $23 per month.
You get free local and national calls and calling NZ mobiles is $0.35 per minute.
Sounds great, how do I sign up?
If you are interested, please call 0800 101 143 and our friendly sales team will set you up.
There are a few factors to consider when using RBI Voice – the most important being emergency services. Yes, you can still contact emergency services i.e. 111, provided you have internet access and power (i.e. you will not be able to use RBI voice during a power cut), however, the operator will not know your physical location, so you will need to provide this information to them. We have provisions in place for “vulnerable consumers” to contact emergency services during a power cut – find out more here.
Applications/services that may not work with RBI Voice:
- A medic alarm that only works link through an old analogue phone line, dial up internet, older Fax machines, older EFTPOS devices, a monitored building alarm that only works through an old analogue phone line, some traditional 3 way calling or audio conference features.
We suggest you double-check with the suppliers of the above services to check compatibility with RBI Voice.
When combining phone/internet on RBI the connection speed drops from 4G speed to 3G speed when people are on the phone.